Monday 19 September 2011

Last Week

Tuesday, September 13th 2011-
So! spring started off beautifully here in the 'Naki, almost two weeks of sunshine! But pity that rain came along and ruined it. Prince's paddock is muddy and he is up to his fetlock joints in mud! But not only that because of the fine weather he has started shedding his long thick guard hairs, so the rain and the wind combination was bad! I found him this morning dancing around the paddock almost yelling to me “Hurry up mum! Hurry up! I'm cold and starving!” well he was, but boy! he didn't have to yell.
In his excitement he kicked me. Well ok! he nicked me on the back of my knee, and left me with a big blotch of mud there, and nothing else thank goodness. I got back from Wanguni late last night, too late to feed him so i got Pat to do it. I set up his feed and told her to just grab the last massive slab off of one of my hay bales.
This morning as i was walking up the drive i saw the fence was down around one of Pats trees (and since i know my horse loves eating trees) i started to panic a bit because she really didn't want that tree to get eaten. So i speed walked up the drive and got there and opened the gate and fed Princie boy, turned the fence back on and then looked at the tree (i had to get him outta my hair ya know) it turned out to be a big branch that had fallen over it(Much to my relief)! So i just hauled it off and straightened up the fence and then gave him a wet hug and kiss (well, he was wet not me!) and then fled back inside to get ready for course.

No comments:

Post a Comment